Sign in to follow this  
unitfight

MY G60 JUST CUT OUT :(

Gave my car a little blatt after work and when i parked up, it just turned itself off. then it would crank over but not fire!??

scanned for any obvious problems in the bay, nothing. thought it may have been my coil as it wasnt sparking, but i gave the electrical connector on the dizzy a wiggle and it fired back into life!

was this just coincidence, or are the dizzys a common problem??

not a common part to go wrong.

but a loose king lead would cause it to crank but not turn over.

keep an eye on it for the time being.

king lead was ok. the electrical connector on the dizzy is actually quite loose in the housing!? might rip it to bits and see if connections have gone brittle and shite internally

The plug/socket on the dizzy needs to have good clean contacts & be water tight, small voltages +5v,earth & signal wire all require no contact resistance to work properly. Give the contacts a spray of contact cleaner & make sure the little soft plastic gasket is in place to stop water ingress & that the plug clips securely into the socket.

The plug/socket on the dizzy needs to have good clean contacts & be water tight, small voltages +5v,earth & signal wire all require no contact resistance to work properly. Give the contacts a spray of contact cleaner & make sure the little soft plastic gasket is in place to stop water ingress & that the plug clips securely into the socket.

will tend to that. but im still warey of the actual plug/socket being loose? i have a spare dizzy at work, so might play around tommorrow and compare it with the one on my engine.

cheers fellas