MikLSP

Radio turns off when car moves

OK, bit of a strange one here...

My radio will work just fine when the car is stationary but loses power as soon as I start the car moving, without fail. It stays on when the engine is running and when it is revved, it's also not a lose vibration issue as it cuts out so predictably and will not come back on until the car stops.

All I can imagine is that something like the speedo starting to register is having an influence. Any ideas? I've never seen anything like this before.

I'd check the connections to the back of the stereo and the blue speed signal wire but this usually just makes the spoiler stop working.

It's most likely a failing ignition switch I'd say

The connection to the stereo is fine :)

Where is this blue speed signal wire, what does it usually go to? It could well be that something to do with that is wired up wrong.

Spoiler works fine btw.

For future reference the answer was this -

"I'd bet it's an after-market radio...

He needs to disconnect a wire on the back of the stereo which the original stereo would have used for speed controlled volume variation... (ie, the faster you go, the louder the stereo gets!) What tends to happen is that someone uses it either as an earth which stops being an earth as you start the car moving, it gets connected to the phone-mute connection (car moves, stereo mutes!), or the stereo simply doesn't like getting power shoved onto a random pin it's connector...

Normally his spoiler won't work properly either when he goes over 56mph.... "

It was a Blue/White wire by the way.