Sign in to follow this  
stemid

Door catch lever snapped.

I'll try and explain this as best i can without pics,

on the passenger door....

on the latching mech that goes round the b pillar striker pin (bolted to the end of the door with two allen bolts)

there are two levers on it, on is the lock, which moves up and down with the door pin/key, and the other is what releases the latch off the b pillar pin so you can open the door.

well that second lever is snapped on my brothers corrado. the door is shut and i've been trying for days to get it open.

i've tried the old metal ruler down through the top trick, but because there is nothing there to press i can't open it :bad-words:

is there anyway of getting it open with out jimming the side of the door, that really is a last resort, and don't particularly want to go down that road.

can't take the door handle out or door card off with the door shut :mad2:

here's a pic, shamelessly stolen from vortex

handleparts.gif

number 10 - one of the levers of that

This might work,it did for me once.

Open the other door and have a look at the lock mechanism.

There is a plastic cover. Prise that off. Now you should see a lug on the lock mechanism (facing the B-pillar). If you pull the handle, you should see it move up and down.

Simulate shutting the door by using a screwdriver to set the catches.

Now press the lug upwards and check it unlocks the catches - it should.

If so, you need to simulate that on the broken door. The problem is there is the plastic cover, which you can't remove. You need to carefully cut it away. I found that a bit of skill with a slim and very sharp chisel down the gap worked (the plastic cover will be ruined, but i'm sure you will be able to source one easily) Be VERY careful of the paint work and don't rush it. Wrap a fine cloth round the chisel blade between the door gap.

Once you've got most of the plastic away, use a screwdriver to flick the lug up.

If you're lucky and it's not all too goosed, it'll open. Failing that...I'm not sure :( I think it will be okay tho as it doesn't seem like it's the internal mechanism, but the lever.

I hope this helps.

Oh, feel I should also add this will not help anyone break into a Corrado. It's all dependent on the car being unlocked!

Just in case any tea leafs scan forums for break-in tips! :p