Sign in to follow this  
quicky1980

Heated Seat Loom - Switch Side Part Number

Just got myself a pair of heated seats and was told that the loom which was included was the full piece. But after looking at vag cat it appears I only have the seat side of the loom but not the switch side.

Which part number I need to ask at VW as there appears to be two part numbers depending on chassis number. What Ive found is either :

535971382C

535971382F

Which one is it?? From what I can tell the only difference is the plug? if so why does vag cat say the prices are so different (almost 100 euros different!)?

Does anyone make these incase VW is too expensive or not available?

thats another problem, just bought a switch because that wasnt included either. I think the replacement switch is a late one but thats not going to help me figure out if I have an early or late seat half of the loom.

I can get a picture up tomorrow of the loom I have if that helps :shrug:

Seat side won't really matter as the seat side is a loom with two relays hick fit behind passenger rear card. Loom travels along passenger side and stops around the heater fan which then joins by a four pin plug to the switch loom from the four pin plug it foes into one side of the switch then out onto the fuse box and earth ring terminal which isnon the right hand aide of the dash just above the 8mm bolt that screws in the side ....

Spst case denarii get a loom plug from the sex tuning site or what ever it's called Nd make a loom il take pica of mine on Monday dint worry it's a piece of Pisa to sort out

Just got a quote

535971382C - £28.08

535971382F - £221.24!!

I can check the part number of the plug that attatches to the seat, this will dictate if I have a early or late loom.

If I have a late loom, it should end up cheaper if I buy the early loom and change the plug that connects to the seat loom to 357907968A. Only worry is if the wires are routed differently :pale:

Well, Ive just checked the loom I have and the corresponding loom will be 535971382F. Will think about the next step once I get some pic's from C488ADO, but more than likely will get the early loom and adapt it. That is unless someone makes these cheaper or one turns up on ebay.