Sign in to follow this  
C5 OEM

coolant

If you get an air lock get plenty ready..... Kip recons he put about 60 litres mixed through his 8v.

CrazyDave will vouch for that as he saw all the empty G12 bottles in our plastic recycling bin.

(I'm sure someone will give you a proper answer soon)

As per manual

VR6 with AC - 8.6

VR6 without AC - 8.2

All other models

with AC - 5

without AC - 5.6

EDIT - thats not taking into account what Judith has pointed out ^^ and assuming its completely empty :wink: thanks Tom :lol:

Depends how much you drain out ;)

Edit: Ah, saying that I think you've had the whole front end off so presumably you're working with a completely empty system.

As per manual

VR6 with AC - 8.6

VR6 without AC - 8.2

All other models

with AC - 5

without AC - 5.6

EDIT - thats not taking into account what Judith has pointed out ^^ and assuming its completely empty :wink: thanks Tom :lol:

8.2 litres...? so a 50/50 mix is ok to use..?

60 litres of g12 :shock:

thats one hell of an airlock!!!! :lol:

is 50/50 not meant for colder climates? i put 60/40 over here and it does get down to -25

I have been looking for this info for the last couple of weeks, and just found this thread - it is so helpful thanks veyr much

bit of of a question..

whats the difference between g12 and normal ethylene gycol? lots of people swap for g12,just wanted to know if theres a majour difference?

is 50/50 not meant for colder climates? i put 60/40 over here and it does get down to -25

Was a complete pain, no matter what i did it just spat the stuff back out :bad-words: was on the verve of breaking the fecking thing :lol: just seemed to take one day and touch wood all seems ok for now!!!!! :ignore:

Was a complete pain, no matter what i did it just spat the stuff back out :bad-words: was on the verve of breaking the fecking thing :lol: just seemed to take one day and touch wood all seems ok for now!!!!! :ignore:

Mix mine 60/40 too with the weather we've been having it's probably woth it.....

bit of of a question..

whats the difference between g12 and normal ethylene gycol? lots of people swap for g12,just wanted to know if theres a majour difference?

I think its probably just the additives.

Corrosion inhibitors.

Something to keep the seals healthy (I think this is the main difference as it depends on the sealing methods used in the coolant system)

Something in it to plug minor leaks.

ill stick with the stuff i got then,does all the above anyway and costs me nothing. and think its made by a large company called fuchs

ive used it on all my cars and never had a prob(even when my crazy german wife drives :lol: )