Sign in to follow this  
justy farr

CORRADO VR6 1995 67OOO MILES

Ive just been offered £1500 for a quick sale,Only been on here 1O MINS. thanks guys i think il keep hold of it for now and rap it up and forget about it in the garage.

Very cheeky.

Someone trying to take advantage of your naivety.

is it that difficult to look on piston heads to get an idea of prices before coming on here...? if he decides to sell people who know he got it for nothing will always bid lower...

nice car but never 5k..[/quote:1cwjxw1h]

I'm not necessarily saying it's worth £5k, although to the 'right' buyer, you never know.

I don't think the primary objective of the thread was obtaining a valuation. People will bid lower but it's not even for sale so it's clearly someone just trying to take advantage as per my original comment.

is it that difficult to look on piston heads to get an idea of prices before coming on here...? if he decides to sell people who know he got it for nothing will always bid lower...

nice car but never 5k..

I'm not necessarily saying it's worth £5k, although to the 'right' buyer, you never know.

I don't think the primary objective of the thread was obtaining a valuation. People will bid lower but it's not even for sale so it's clearly someone just trying to take advantage as per my original comment.

IS IT WORTH ANYTHING, SOME GUY OFFERED ME £1000?

its a buyers market. hope he keeps it and respects the old lady who entrusted him with the gift

Are you just annoyed your offer wasn't accepted? ;)

your funny...you have pm

I've just replied to your PM but, seriously, am I not allowed to post my point of view or make the occasional lighthearted remark without someone chucking their toys out of the pram?

I've just replied to your PM but, seriously, am I not allowed to post my point of view or make the occasional lighthearted remark without someone chucking their toys out of the pram?

:clap: GROUP HUG

Looks like a really nice example and if its how its been described then its got to

be worth 3.5 to 4.5k imo ,some pics of the interior and under the bonnet would be good ...........she gave it to him !!! :cuckoo:

Some people might take the piss hopefully this guy will realise what is in his hands and knock back all stupid offers but as said this isnt a for sale thread ! All i can say is if i got a gift like this i would be blown away and damn what a clean nice example of a car we all love dont know about anyone else but i am very jelouse ( dodgy spelling lol )

Before anyone wets themselves over this car and hands over their hard-earned cash to buy it, I've received a PM.

Basically ....

Just a heads up about that low mileage VR6, I dunno if you remember but I went and viewed a VR6 that was a CAT C write off here in [edit], well this is the same car - I'm not sure what the fella's playing at with the 'old lady next door' story because he told me he bought it from a breakers to fix up.

Anyway, just saw it and thought I'd should let you know mate, i'm 99.9% sure its the same car as it has a colour coded front grill and exactly the same spec/mileage and I can remember the numberplate too

I 100% trust the person who's told me this so unless there's a major major coincidence, be warned.

its ok son i still love you lol

Just had this car HPI checked

2 owners

no color changes

no stolen recorded

not scraped

DAMAGE CATEGORY C LOSS DATE 10/12/2008 !!

Worth to spent 3 pounds for a basic sms check, so seller is a liar !!

its ok son i still love you lol

:lol:

I better be getting a ****ing fantastic Christmas present or I'm going to tell Mum about you and her sister knobbing in the holiday cottage.

If I were administrator of this forum I would lock this post and ban this user from using this forum as basic hpi check told us a truth to this car is worth nothing, maybe 1,5k in parts, nothing more, as is Cat C.

Just had this car HPI checked

2 owners

no color changes

no stolen recorded

not scraped

DAMAGE CATEGORY C LOSS DATE 10/12/2008 !!

Worth to spent 3 pounds for a basic sms check, so seller is a layer !!

Good man ...

Based on this thread and the HPI check, it's possible that our new member is genuine.

BUT I completely trust the person who told me they have viewed the car and were given a totally different story.

Good spot guys. I've no idea how the original poster would have expected to get away with that. Surely everyone does a basic HPI check before buying?

ok lets stop the witch hunt, at the end of the day its a low mileage corrado in the best colour available that looks to be in very good condition, yeh its a cat c but how many corrado's out there are cat c's??? shame the guy did not say that from the start but maybe he did not know?? give him the benifit of the doubht before we start calling him a liyer.

so being a cat c knocks some money off the car, but i would still give 3k for it.

If I were administrator of this forum I would lock this post and ban this user from using this forum as basic hpi check told us a truth to this car is worth nothing, maybe 1,5k in parts, nothing more, as is Cat C.

Very true and don't rule it out as a course of action.

He IS the 2nd owner and it's possible that he wasn't aware of it being written off. BUT Personally I think it's a bullshit way of trying to sell a car and he's a complete liar.

ok lets stop the witch hunt, at the end of the day its a low mileage corrado in the best colour available that looks to be in very good condition, yeh its a cat c but how many corrado's out there are cat c's??? shame the guy did not say that from the start but maybe he did not know?? give him the benifit of the doubht before we start calling him a liyer.

so being a cat c knocks some money off the car, but i would still give 3k for it.

Come on Karl, we're not doubting the car. We're doubting the deceitful knob that's selling it. Benefit of the doubt doesn't come into it. There's NO way that my informant :lol: was told that it had been bought from a breakers as a write-off only for this story to turn up about a Gran that's owned it for the last 92 years.

Have You even owned a cat c car ??

I did, and he get it threw all vosa checks and of course car pass all of them. Car was brought back on road but.... when my friend long term VW technician responsible for many vr6T and big power 1.8t build's checked this car was chocked how vosa could give green light for this car a chassis leg was touching front suspension frame. Unacceptable mistake. It was 350 bhp audi S3 so mistake was even worst as power of the car were increased a lot.

I got my lesson and would never buy again cat c or cat d car.

yeh i see what you saying mate, but lets face it its still a low mileage vr6 in good condition, yeh the guy is trying to pull a fast one (stupid thing to do on here) but if it was being sold at TCS :censored: it would be for sale for an easy 5k+

and lets face it a corrado with even minor damge is straight away a write off (been there got the t-shirt)

sorry just my view.

Have You even owned a cat c car ??

I did, and he get it threw all vosa checks and of course car pass all of them. Car was brought back on road but.... when my friend long term VW technician responsible for many vr6T and big power 1.8t build's checked this car was chocked how vosa could give green light for this car a chassis leg was touching front suspension frame. Unacceptable mistake. It was 350 bhp audi S3 so mistake was even worst as power of the car were increased a lot.

I got my lesson and would never buy again cat c or cat d car.

yeh mate i did, my last corrado was a cat c and it was 100% faultless the whole time i owned it for 3 years.

yeh mate i did, my last corrado was a cat c and it was 100% faultless the whole time i owned it for 3 years.

Personal point of view and everybody have right to have one

Now I'm driving a cat d audi allroad and it's faultless as well but it had only front bumper and fog light replaced due to car park collision. but cat c for me is something more serious specially that most of body shops doesn't take very good care to fix cars to higher standard. My personal point of view.

im 99% sure this car was for sale on ebay about 2 - 3 weeks ago and went for around £1800 and it was listed on ebay with the cat c

any way it will tell you if its a cat c on the v5 log book

im 99% sure this car was for sale on ebay about 2 - 3 weeks ago and went for around £1800 and it was listed on ebay with the cat c

any way it will tell you if its a cat c on the v5 log book

Exactly, thanks Martin.