Sign in to follow this  
R0B

std VR6 Springs or 30mm drop or Coilovers

Hi

Wanting to higher my car a little, so anything that'll higher it bit considered :)

Cheers

Rob

Standard. :) I put mine back to standard height a while back and much prefer it EXCEPT for looks. I am running 45 profile tyres, but have 50's on the front just now as winter tyres and they actually fill the gap better making it looks more acceptable.

In terms of handling, once you get used to it, it's fantastic, as a high speed run down from Inverness last night proved. Still got phenomenal levels of grip, very compliant on the bumpy stuff meaning you can often go faster on poor roads because you're not getting flung all over the place and don't need to worry about getting flung off the road if you hit a bump mid corner!.

Just my thoughts. I'm keen to try H&R springs tho to see if they retain the comfort of standard. Oh, I've got Koni top adjutables on as well which probably compliment the standard springs nicely.

I've got H & R's, and I can tell you that comfort is not a word I'd use. Better than cheap coilovers because at least H & R make spring rates to suit each variant, so on flat road/track they are very good, but on B roads/irregular surface, they're just not pliant enough- the inevitable result of reduced spring travel.

I've got H & R's, and I can tell you that comfort is not a word I'd use. Better than cheap coilovers because at least H & R make spring rates to suit each variant, so on flat road/track they are very good, but on B roads/irregular surface, they're just not pliant enough- the inevitable result of reduced spring travel.

Thanks for the reply, have you got any pics of your storm with the 30mm drop?

Here's a photo of the H&R's at maximum height- looks pretty good, but still bone jarring on rough roads

its important to say what size wheels they are - they look like 17s. different size wheels suit different drops in very different ways

its important to say what size wheels they are - they look like 17s. different size wheels suit different drops in very different ways

Mines on the standard storm solitudes

Here's a photo of the H&R's at maximum height- looks pretty good, but still bone jarring on rough roads

yep- they're 17's