Sign in to follow this  
jimpy66

My storm....

Title used to be 'Anyone know this Storm) but changed after some of the posts!

29122010570.jpg[/attachment:1p0zg8ne]

I've got an 8 previous owner storm- currently N929 APU, previously J15 LMM (in 2003-2005).

With so many previous owners, thought a good chance someone would know it- classic green, cream leather-

Any info would be of interest! Well............if it was a total write off, fell down 2000foot ravine, chopped in half and reshelled in a cut/shut, maybe don't tell me :ignore:

- go one- give it your best shot..... :grin:

Last time I saw it, it was pink and it was under a tanker that jackknifed then rolled over it........... :D

Ok- no, never seen it before

The J plate will have been private. N reg would fit in with it being a 95 VR6 (and hopefully a Storm!)

It should be on the logbook as a Storm if it is I think.

The J plate will have been private. N reg would fit in with it being a 95 VR6 (and hopefully a Storm!)

So it was only J reg between 2003 and 2005?

I guess the guy (or girl!) that owned it during that time had the 'J' reg private plate on it at that time. The same as mine - an 'N' reg car but currently on a private 'G' reg plate.

private plates can be put on anything that is newer than the plate,so J being the 91/92 prefix can be put on anything post Aug 91 including a brand spanking new 60 plate car,you cant however put a newer plate on a car that is older than the plate,so you cant put a 60 plate on a 59(new style) reg'd car

it wont show in the V5/logbook if its a Storm or not

My mistake, I'm thinking insurance documents. For some bizarre reason, they up the insurance group for the Storm. Must be something to do with perceived nickability!

Back on thread, I've no knowledge of this car!

My mistake, I'm thinking insurance documents. For some bizarre reason, they up the insurance group for the Storm. Must be something to do with perceived nickability!

To do with VR6 is cloth as standard, Storm was Leather as standard. So value of the car when new was higher. So higher insurance grouping.

To do with VR6 is cloth as standard, Storm was Leather as standard. So value of the car when new was higher. So higher insurance grouping.

I thought it was becuase they were faster in reverse?

Well its never been written off, says only 7 keepers, but its down as black now and previously green.

well could be, cos V5 says two colour changes and it sure is green now. Looks like checks always been green, so guess the black colour was a half-hearted attempt....

Havn't found any pink yet though :)

Did I mention there was an envelope under the rear seats with over £6000 in used twenties?

With 8 owners, apparently two resprays, a couple of plate identity changes, and what look like some rather dubious wheels - are you sure you really want a "Storm" with that kind of history?

It should at least be a cheap one I suppose, but frankly you'd be better off buying a normal VR6 car with optional leather and a less opaque history.

With 8 owners, apparently two resprays, a couple of plate identity changes, and what look like some rather dubious wheels - are you sure you really want a "Storm" with that kind of history?

It should at least be a cheap one I suppose, but frankly you'd be better off buying a normal VR6 car with optional leather and a less opaque history.

Look, Sesame Street man- these wheels are not dubious :bad-words: They're wheels and they've got rubber and they're round. And- it's nine owners including me- this car knows more about the world than you've had hot puppets..dinners. Just you get back to the Street and practise your spelling

Well apologies if you got upset, but I'm struggling to understand why you're concerned about the car's history after you've bought it.

A post like this is risky, because you may just find out something about it that you then wish you hadn't asked. A case in point was a number of years ago when I answered a similar request and the owner then discovered his newly acquired car had belonged once to a friend of mine, and had magically "lost" over 30,000 miles in the period after my mate had owned it. Be careful what you wish for.

BTW there's nothing wrong with my spelling but you need to check your own, and more so in a post where you criticise mine.

Corozin- not upset, honest- still laughing at myself at having exposed myself to exactly what you are talking about- there's just no saying what might get dragged up :)

I'm just curious because the car clearly has some 'history'. Its obviously been painted (though to be fair, its a pretty good job). I'm happy enough that it has had no significant repairs, the underlying chassis being all in factory condition. I bought it with my eyes open- and was happy enough because I can see so many new parts already fitted that I will not now have to do- I've had cars before that 'never needed a thing' by the previous owner, that usually means the next owner has it all coming.

The engine itself runs sweetly, almost top compression figures on all cylinders and uses no oil or water, so I am content that although it's not a top, low miles, one owner car, it is nonetheless a sound one. Hopefully once I've spent a few months on it, it will be a fine machine for anyones money.

And the last laugh on the paint- when you look at a little stonechip on the front wing thats down to the metal- the overall paint thickness is impressive :grin:

Trust me a lot of us have been there. In my case some of my own car's history revealed itself when it went into a bodyshop and I discovered that (via evidence of some beautifully applied filler which appeared when the existing paint was removed) that it had been shunted at both ends during it's pre-Corozin life.

No probs.

it wont show in the V5/logbook if its a Storm or not

Correct - if you want to know if it is actually a Storm... or at least started its life as one then call a dealer with the chassis number from the V5, they can confim either way.