Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Quick car question

its nearly 12 years old remember! so the mileage aint that high! it seems cheap tho but tbh i aint kept up with used car market! how are the other ones priced that are the same as this?

could be knackered, could be a great little buy, only way to know is have a good look at it, the early focus diesels can have problems, personally I'd go for a petrol 1.6 unless you do mega miles each year

Early focus diesels are TDDI 90hp,

Not a massive amount of problems spring to light with them, they're an updated Lynx series diesel engine and have been around since the mk1 mondeo's. Only issues they really have is rear suspension bushes (don't we all know that pain) and it's worth checking the condition of the front lower arms as these can end up rusty on older models. Bodywork is usually the least of any issues as they are pretty darn strong. Only flaw is the wing mirrors rub through a patch of paint on the top of the doors but it's easily rectified with a file and some touch up paint.

Try and get a hold of a facelifed TDCI, 115hp, and you get more power and same reliability.

My engine in my focus seemed to be bombproof, did 24k in a year in it, got good mpg out of it and was easily moddable.

Can get a 2litre TDCi engine in the later focus', more toys in the ghia, and all the shitty walnut trim is easily swappable.