Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Wiper linkages

As topic. am really in need if a set of linkages in gwo for the c as I can only now use her if there is no rain. It the first link from the wipers that has given in. Some times it stays on the ball joint sometimes it dosnt :?

Am away for 2 weeks so replies will be sporadic but if you have some please let me know..

Tim

Get a new one from VW, around £12 part number 536955325. simply push fits into place in about 30 seconds :salute:

Get a new one from VW, around £12 part number 536955325. simply push fits into place in about 30 seconds :salute:

x2 actually. I got one mid last year when mine fell off in the middle of a rainy spell :rolleyes: Never fitted it actually but cheap as chips.

Amazing how much better the wipers work too! no juddering or slopiness :)

That is just for the drivers side though Tim, not sure about cost of the other side but i'm sure they'll advise :?

Sounds like a better idea than me fighting to remove an old one, good shout. I might pick up a new one myself at that price :)

Matt unless the part is worn enough (which maybe useless anyway) to just be prised off you will just damage it to be honest, then it will be no use either.

It's the drivers side that has gone Kip. Will worry about the other side when that starts playing silly buggers as well.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah good stuff, make sure you put plenty of grease around the ball and plastic bush too! keeps it running smooth.

I also uses some water pump pliers to push/squeeze it into place over the ball.