Sign in to follow this  
Peteg60

Windscreen seal.

The outer trim is starting to come out at the top, I'm worried water will start working it's way in, is this going to be a screen refit or??, thanks pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get someone to bond it back in if you want a quick fix but if its loose at the top it means the screen has slipped down whilst being fitted. classic fitter error in rushing it and not spacing it out till it dried properly.

Water will already be in there so depends if you have funds to get it replaced and get the paint sorted if there is any rust issues under it that is, if not and all looks ok it's just the £60 excess from your policy you'll have to pay....

Dont put it off mate as once rust takes a hold it could make a right mess and leave no metal to bond a screen to full stop.

Get someone to bond it back in if you want a quick fix but if its loose at the top it means the screen has slipped down whilst being fitted. classic fitter error in rushing it and not spacing it out till it dried properly.

Water will already be in there so depends if you have funds to get it replaced and get the paint sorted if there is any rust issues under it that is, if not and all looks ok it's just the £60 excess from your policy you'll have to pay....

Dont put it off mate as once rust takes a hold it could make a right mess and leave no metal to bond a screen to full stop.

Nice one was thinking that would probably be the case ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk