Sign in to follow this  
stu37

Corrado manual.

I don't think Robert Bentley would be best pleased? It's their material right?

Well Mike you have voiced my concerns but this is a manual which is now out of production and no longer produced....?

Bought a brand new R Bentley Corrado manual just before Xmas. Do they not retain the rights either way?

I think the Bentley books are superb. I have bought a number if them. Companies like this should be supported.

Sorry but I have a thing about copied software, music, movies or books like this.

Doesn't matter if a book is out of print or not it is still copyright for. As a result of the Copyright Extension Act of 1998, most copyrights for works published after January 1, 1978 last for the life of the author plus 70 years. Any reproduction is a breach of that copyright and can result in prosecution for anyone either selling or in pessesion of it. If prosecution is undertaken penalties can be high.

It is all quite clear cut and what you have is basically illegal.

The admin of this forum has already been warned by Bentley publishers, please do not discuss piracy in any way on this forum.

The book can be had for around £50 online which is nothing compared with the price of a tank of fuel these days!

Just wondering has anyone thought of making this open source?

the only person that can make something open source is the person that owns it in the first place so its not a question of "anyone" making it open source, its only one person, the person it belongs to.

Well Mike you have voiced my concerns but this is a manual which is now out of production and no longer produced....?

really? surely you cant think that something stops being someones property just because they choose not to make it any more? you must have heard of people buying the rights to things to reproduce them?

i'm not making a point as a mod, but just cant see that you'd thought the point through very well really?