Sign in to follow this  
lion

Help : boot lock

Thanks for looking I hope some1 can help

was messing about with the new corrado today and found out that the key from my other rado can open my boot... Also tried a golf mk2 key in my boot and it locks and unlocks it...

How can I fix this, I don't want to have my sub/ amp nicked by someone with a vw key

thanks again

Only help i can offer is getting a new lock, you can't really fix complicated lock barrels that have gone that easy to open... nightmare though because you need your new lock to match your existing key...

Free bump in case anyone has more specific advice, hope you sort this!

You need to remove the rear hatch interior panel and unbolt the lock barrel/unit, it should then be possible to dismantle the lock barrel and remove the little brass tumblers that make up the shape of the key, if your current lock is broken you can reuse or match new tumblers to your ignition/existing key. Use the same process as descibed on a thread on the forum for re-tumbling a new door handle to match the rest of the car (forum search).

It should be fairly easy to pick up a 2nd hand rear lock barrel as tailgates are one of the few parts that don't get smashed or broken very often and even if they rot through the lock parts etc should be OK to reuse.