Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Electric Windows Dead !

Hey all,

Having a wee problem at the moment. The drivers side and passengers side electric window have both stopped working, completely dead. Bit of a problem with the fuel smell at the moment coming into the car and not being able to vent the inside of the car,

Cheers

BigTartanG60

both at once is either the fuse (on a seperate block above the main fuse box) or the control box (inside the RHD rear card)

Check the fuse, if it's not that then things start to get expensive/awkward to find/fix... :|

too true Henny i had the same problem and had to buy a new window controler from the stealers cost £110 :cry: anyway i didnt just go out n buy 1 i went thru the trobleshooting guide in the bentley manual first...... all tests carried out pointed to the window controler at fault.... replaced item and problem fixed

try to operate the windows with the drivers door open, I kid you not, mine only work with the door open, as soon as I close it they stop work, except if i'm locking the car, and the full closure works fine.

I have had this problem for months, I think its the control box too :(

ok then olly, i'll cut you a deal, you find out whats wrong, and I'll fix mine ;)

I've checked the connections to the control box, and they seem fine, must be a busted box?

very annoying as I smoke, so have to use the sun roof all the time, I really wanna get it sorted before summer

MY SUNROOFS BROKE TOO!! JUST DONE A SEARCH ON HERE AND SEEMS IT COULD BE REVERSING LIGHT SWITCH RELATED,,, STRANGE,, GONNA HAVE A GOOD INVESTIGATION TONIGHT :roll:

hmmmz, thats interesting, but I have already ruled out there being a a fraid cable or something shorting when the door is closed, as it is the switch which determins whether the windows work. ie if I push the switch in (to simulate the door being closed) then the windows don't work.

maybe a busted switch or box then.

The thot plickens :|

Could be the electric window control unit had the same problem with ma G60 a while ago. Needed to replace the unit it cost £200+ from VW but I managed to get one from a MK2 Golf GTI.

the unit is exactly the same?

they should be 2 a penny at the scrappy

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

didn't realise the windows were on that fuse, checked it, changed it, working windows :D

its all good then 8)

also got a rather hot arse on my trip home, as I hadn't realised my heated seats weren't working, and they are on that fuse too, I had to open the window to cool myself down :lol:

I had the same problem and the fuse kept popping. I found out that the heated window washers are on the same fuse and one was leaking which kept shorting it.

the fuse does seem quite a low rating for the amount thats running off it, especially as they are all heating things and motors that are attached to it.