Swompy

Swompy's DBP 24v. New daily

They do pull right... U done any other mods other then the exhaust and map?

Which map do you have? Ive heard some of the maps can take the throttle response a bit which mine needs... Wheel spinning out of corners with way less then half throttle has become a norm lol.

Oh and what's next after 288s? I reckon a bit of paint on the front end, refurb the Bbs rims and leave it at that. :) Pm me if u decide to sell those wheels btw lol...

One last thing; did u use the steel sump off the VR or the 24v alloy item? My alloy dumps got a small leak already and your rados lower then mine lol.

Edited by Abdul

No other mods at the mo just decat, map and induction kit.

After the brakes im going to try and leave it alone for a bit but paint work is defo on the cards. Thinking of giving the engine a little.bot.of spice with not a common mod but still researching it at the mo, so keeping it under wraps for the time being :D

Can't remembrt what map graham put on it but its made the throttle response more controllable so feeds.the torque in, instead of just dumping it on you.

Still uses the alloy sump Haha its not that low is it i want to drop the back end a bit more :D

Well its a sad day as Im having to get my golf scrapped due to it failing the MOT on quite a few things. A hole in the floor being one of them. And due to the bill to get it on the road as cheaply as possible being £500

Im gutted its come to this but just not worth it. She has been a great work horse and taken a lot of abuse over the years and only left me standing once. Was my first car too. :(

A real head turner and great fun to drive even tho its a 1.4. It kept Andy's boys entertained at Berkley castle last year :afro:

So I will be bidding fair well to her on Thursday when I go up to DG Autotech to collect a few things off of her before she is sent to the scrap yard in the sky.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53349[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53361[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53365[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53369[/ATTACH]

But onto the future and Im in the process of saving up for a Bora TDI ready for next year. Which will be my work horse and keep the corrado off the road over winter and allow me to only use it when I want to.

Well the golf has gone now so quite sad stripping some of the bits off of it. :(

Today my gf's grandad turned up at our house with a car and said here you go its yours. Said he got it so I dont have to use the rado every day. Shocked isnt the word considering he is a scScrooge when it comes to money and helping people out.

And this is what he got me

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54801[/ATTACH]

The beast is a Rover Metro 1.4 auto :D only done 43K miles and body work is all most spotless.

Just need to get a decent insurance quote now American express quoted me, £10,083 for Third part F&T :scratch: go figure. I've only had about 5 quotes that are under £600 (I pay £660 on the corrado at the mo) no wonder there are so many people driving around uninsured if the insurance companies are quoteing that! :bonk:

Im going to have to get used to the no power steering. I will have arms like Popeye soon

Sad news about the Goof- I won't tell the boys cos they'll be too upset!

Wow! Nice to get a freebie- that insurance is an absolute joke though :(

IT was sad indeed to see it go was great fun to drive :(

The insurance is crazy all the quotes Ive had are more than the car is worth all because I cant use my current 4 years NCB on the car other wise it would be about £400. And they wonder why so many people drive uninsured!!!!

Well everything is coming together now. Get some new shoes tomorrow for the girl and next week I'm finally getting the seats installed after having them sat in my kitchen for the past 6 months. As well as the rest of the interior.

Hopefully with everything going to plan will be ready for the first get together of the year at the CCGB AGM on the 1st of April.

And after 6 months of complete nightmare I will finally be getting the keys to my house once we have confirmation from our solicitor. Which should hopefully free up some money for the rado as the running costs and mortgage will be cheaper than I'm paying at the mo. :D

A sneak peak of the trial fit of the new wheels. Just waiting for some longer wheel bolts to use with the spacers as the wheels fowl the front calipers.

The first look of the car with the new wheels and interior will be seen at the CCGB AGM, untill then it will just be sneak peaks of whats new :afro:

424088_10150585070291853_516956852_9086625_1132427463_n-1-1.jpg

Haha ya wont take a rocket scientist to work it out, just not showing it off until the car is complete :D

Look at that arch gap its worst then mine :p

It is terrible lol.

Jake, do you know if the BBS RZ that were on the car clear 288's? I want a set along with some speedys. 17's aren't doing it for me atm!

Look at that arch gap its worst then mine :p

Adam you tit the car is jacked up and you know that, get back to cutting hair :D

It is terrible lol.

Jake, do you know if the BBS RZ that were on the car clear 288's? I want a set along with some speedys. 17's aren't doing it for me atm!

Off the top of my head I havnt got a clue but I dont see why not tho they seam to have the same inside diameter as the speedlines.

ive never commented on this thread!? Well done on the work so far, ive read updates frequently since the 24v swap but never said anything.

sorry - pervy stalker mode.

Today I managed to wire up the sub and the 6x9's in the back of the corrado (with some help from a good friend) :afro:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57153[/ATTACH]

And a little video of the system working. Turned up and with all the doors/windows shut. It was making the roof of the garage shack and it also set a few dogs off barking :cool:

[video=youtube_share;e2NmG_vslh0]

But whilst we were wiring everything up we came across this monstrosity!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57157[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57161[/ATTACH]

I made sure there were no exposed wires so there is no chance of any shorts.

The car should be getting regular up dates this week in the build up for the first get together :D

Spent this evening tidying up the loom and wiring up the last set of speakers.

Step one - clean up the connector

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57221[/ATTACH]

Step two - Making things easier for me when I'm in the car by making the wires longer

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57225[/ATTACH]

Step Three - Solder everything up. Some solders better than others

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57229[/ATTACH]

Step Four - Everything insulated up and looking a lot better ( each wire was individually wrapped first)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57233[/ATTACH]

Its not great but certainly safer than before.

Finally have all the speakers wired up so I can now enjoy my music in full. Still have a few tweaks to do but its pretty much there. The system consists of: 2 Fli 8 inch subs, 2 Alpine 6x9's mounted in the parcel shelf, 1 Alpine amp, 1 Sony Xplod amp, 2 JLB component speakers in the parcel shelf supports and 2 component speakers in the front doors with both still requiring an amp to get the most out of them but will get that done another time.

More updates to come :cool:

I just give up!!!

Been working my ass off the last few nights trying to get the car ready for the AGM on sunday and the end was in sight. All I had to do was put the new wheels on, put the carpet down and install the seats and she would of been done ready for the start of the show season. But no nothing is ever that smooth :(

Was on my way back from Oxford on the A40 enjoying the sun and the sound of the car, I then changed down a gear and on lifting the clutch I heard an almighty bang followed by rattling and grinding :pale: pulled over straight away and tried the clutch again and still the same grinding sound in every gear.

After checking the car over and a quick call to DG I found the problem.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57377[/ATTACH]

The drive shalf has some how came away from the gear box. Havent had chance to have a good look to see if it had come loose or just sheared off. But there was no noise before hand so couldn't of come loose and I wasn't giving it any power either.

As I have RAC cover I rang them up and explained the problem and told them I will need a flat bed as it wont be getting fixed at the side of the road or towed. They sent some local company out and when I said I would like to be taken to DG they told me it would be nearly £300 to do that so I asked if there was a charge to take me back home and got told it would be £160 to take me the 35 miles home :shocked!: So seams I pay £50 a year on breakdown cover for nothing then.

To say I'm angry doesn't come any were close to it.

Why does it all ways feel like 2 steps forward 1 step back :sad:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57381[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57385[/ATTACH]

On the brighter side I had a fellow dubber stop to see if he could help, all ways reassuring to know if your ever stuck some one will help.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57389[/ATTACH]