Sign in to follow this  
A5 VRX

Recommend me a good bodyshop..

Had a very long chat with them yesterday when i went to see the car and am really pleased with their profesionalism nice guys and seem very dedicated to perfection.

Cant wait for them to get properly moving with it :grin: it's coming on nicely and all looking straight again now :clap:

What are they doing to your Nugget? Looked very very mint when i read your thread!

Uh oh! Re read it fella...

Kip mate, do you happen to know how those chaps respond to arch rolling?

I'm in Sheffield at the moment so could pop in and see if they could give me a quote. Need my rear arches rolling and painting.

I'm in Sheffield at the moment so could pop in and see if they could give me a quote. Need my rear arches rolling and painting.

I couldn't tell you mate but they are at the bottom of rutland road so pop in and ask, am sure you will get a good straight honest answer!

Most bodyshops will happily do it, some will use a roller others will beat it. I'd go with beaten personally!

What like just whack it outwards???? Being a bit Naive here as i dont know!

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=97942&hilit=kips&start=270

Jump straight to page 19 for the latest info and the guy doing the re-shaping welding on the car has even registered on here to post progress (beardymat)

:clap:

That doesn't look good, missed that! Sounds and looks like the car is in very good hands though and is great to have people working on your car with as much passion for it as you have yourself. Thats why i'm being picky, the BMW is never going to be a show car but i dont want a place where the attiude is 'its just another job'.

Thanks for the heads up on these guys, going to try and head over tomorrow if i get finished early enough

Adam

Nice one, the guys who run the place are John & Matt. the nugget will be there too so have a nosey.

Tell them i sent you too as i'm sure it'll break the ice nicely, (expect rolling eyes and OH NO! not another one) Lol!

What like just whack it outwards???? Being a bit Naive here as i dont know!

Kinda but with a hammer and dolly, well you'd need to flatten the lips in first but yeah you could flare them outwards too if you want. :lol:

im getting my arch skins completely cut out.. they're triple skinned, so dont take well to being rolled..

Thats the problem, the rears are triple skinned and the fronts single iirc. So with an arch roller, you don't get too far on the rears and you end up F*ckin the fronts up badly...

Cuting em out is an option but a few of my friends have had good results with hammer and dolly jobs so that's what ill go with i think... :D