Jim

Wish I'd bought more of those Revell Corrado's...

I almost fell out of my chair just now when I searched on eBay for "revell Corrado" and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-18-volkswagen-corrado-vr6-boxed-REVELL-MINT-/300525831166?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item45f8bc43fe#ht_500wt_1156

At £77 still with a day to go. I only paid £25 around 2-3 years ago for one! Has the world gone bonkers?! I wish I'd bought a stash of them and put them away now!

Buggerbuggerbugger.

I sold one of those to ScarletVR6 two years ago for the £25 I paid for it

Buggerbuggerbuggerbuggerbuggerbuggerbuggerbuggerbuggerbuggerbuggerbugger

Bugger, I watched one on ebay last year with a Buy-It-Now price of £25 + postage for at least two days and by the time I thought yeah why not, it sold!

Not going to see those prices now. Be cheaper to buy a real car!!!

Yeah i stopped bidding at £70 Lol! not paying that much. a blue one went for £112 a week or so ago Jim :0

Yeah i stopped bidding at £70 Lol! not paying that much. a blue one went for £112 a week or so ago Jim :0

Ironically Kip the one I sold on (see above) was one I bought from Judith a few years ago!

I don't think they are in production any longer, that's why the used ones fetch so much.

I bought one new about 10 months ago for £30 from an ebay seller, think I got lucky.

It is bizarre that prices for full sized C's are dropping like stones yet the interest in these great cars is so great that the prices of models is spiralling upwards.

Sent from iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

I have a blue one complete with box but with rear wiper missing due to child interaction but fine in all other regards, I think I am prepared to let it go now if I could get £60 as I could do with some money to put towards parts for my real car.

i'm keeping mine and will give it to the future grandchildren to take on antiques road show, they will be like celebrities to anyone who owns a VW

@Rado2, True but the suspension can be quite harsh in them but they are well sealed underneath so the evil rust tends not to be a problem :)

Where are people sourcing them though? Is it only ebay?

I managed to get some Revell MK2 small bumper GTi kits in from US recently. One was still in original sealed wrapper. Now it has arrived I'm thinking, open it, don't open it, open it, don't open it as it is the type of thing that in time could be worth a bit. Having said that at real car level I don't believe in moth balling a car no matter what it is. They were designed and built to be driven not just admired so I expect the craft knife (or one of the kids!) will rip open the Revell MK2 and a new build project will start.