daniboy1_2_3

Bodywork repairs

Hi there, i have started to repair some corrosion on my corrado. Originally i was going to get it done by a bodyshop but after some expensive quotes and people turning the job down as they prefer accident repairs to restoration i decided to have a go myself. Ive had to source panels from doner shells as there are no aftermarket panels available as im sure your all aware and the cost of tohe panels i need are prohibitively expensive from VW (id have to buy a rear quarter and part sill at over £700).

After spending many hours whittling down the second hand panels to what i need i now have a full n/s sill and n/s inner and outer arches to repair the car with. Having never tackled such a big job before im looking for a bodywork forum where i can post up my progress and hopefully revieve some good advice along the way. Maybe someone on this forum has restored their corrado and can offer some advice on the best way to proceed with it. I have plenty of pictures so far and have a fair idea of how to go about things but im just looking for a bit of help and advice along the way. I have posted a thread on the mig welding forum in the projects section if anyone here has seen it?. Ive not got much of a response from it really so im thinking there may be somewhere else to try or maybe there are people on here who can offer advice.