dkingvr6

Urgent help req. Factory imobiliser not syncing

Took the wife to work this morning car was fine, went to start it 10 mins later and wont start, i know its the factory imobiliser thats gone out of sync somehow, as had the exact same symptoms on my golf Vr both N plate. Luckily was a a friends garage way up north who re-sycned the golf. Now i am stuck at home just outside watford and cant get it too anyone, anyone out there neqr me that can do this job? Have tried taking battery off too

Cheers Dan

on my golf I had a little docking port in my glove box - never knew what i was for - presumed it was for syncing the fob or something?

imine is built in with the alarm/rcl it has a mind of its own sometmes but if you hold the button in for 4-5 seconds it beeps at you for a few seconds and then resets itself.

dont know if its any use to you as you dont describe it as being part of anything else, but worth mentioning.

good luck

Stealth racing do an immobiliser delete from the ecu. Can't remember how much it is off top of my head - also the ring that around the ignition barrel that picks up the chip in the key has been known to slip down causing the car not wanting to start so worth having a quick look at that too?

good stuff - its quite a common fault to be fair, dont think anyone has gotton to the bottom as to why it does it!

The $tealers can re-synch it, think it was around £50 for me a few years ago.

My problem was the car would start and then cut out after a few secs. Re-synching the keys didnt fix the problem though.

For me, fitting a new transponder coil fixed the issue.

After reading another post on here, someone suggested just cleaning the transponder coil connector (underneath the driver's right knee I think) which would have probably also fixed it.

No idea if thats any help to you, you didnt say if your car starts up then dies :)

After reading another post on here, someone suggested just cleaning the transponder coil connector (underneath the driver's right knee I think) which would have probably also fixed it.

Deffo do this, its a common fault!

Seen this done before, worked a treat. Put a bit of WD40 on contacts too.

Yer starts then dies, Vince at stealth is removing the immobiliser completely off the ecu, as i have a better after market one, and cant be hassled with it happening again, means i can have more keys cut with out great expensive

Just tried cleaning the connectors under dash with aircraft grade connector cleaner, three pin from transponder going into little black box and other connector coming out??? And still no joy, also did the ecu plug, defo going to Stealth, fed up of no Corrado for last few days