inky

Which radiator for G60?

Simples as it says on the tin.....need a new radiator.....its a 1991 G60 so which should I buy?

Am confused some are saying can use a normal one for the 16v but I am not so sure?

Fankies for any advice mwwwwwwwwwwwaaaa

Heard too many horror stories about non vag radiatiors to buy anything other than a normal one from the dealers...

Heard too many horror stories about non vag radiatiors to buy anything other than a normal one from the dealers...

Except i don't think you'll like the price of the one from the dealers... £250 odd quid when i last checked for a g60 rad.

I know the radiator support bracket for the g60 is the same as an early 16v (except for a few holes for the power steering rack pipes.) so I would ASSUME that they are the same... but you know what they say about assumptions!

But to be perfectly honest... you can get a reconditioned oem rad from Volks-apart for £50. And who cares if it only lasts you 2 years? you could buy 4 more and still not spend as much as VAG wont for a new one!

So yeah... give Volks-apart a ring

Except i don't think you'll like the price of the one from the dealers... £250 odd quid when i last checked for a g60 rad.

I know the radiator support bracket for the g60 is the same as an early 16v (except for a few holes for the power steering rack pipes.) so I would ASSUME that they are the same... but you know what they say about assumptions!

But to be perfectly honest... you can get a reconditioned oem rad from Volks-apart for £50. And who cares if it only lasts you 2 years? you could buy 4 more and still not spend as much as VAG wont for a new one!

So yeah... give Volks-apart a ring

Ouch - last I heard they were about £100 from VAG. Must be the usual price hikes...

thankyou x

Have tried Volks-apart, am a little concerned with them though cos when you google them there seems to be a lot of posts on threads about items not arriving, will keep looking .

Just needed to know if it has to be G60 specific really

sorry for some reason my posts arn't posting... the part number you need for the g60 rad is OEM part no. 535121251B

also I just looked on VW Classic Parts.... 297.08 € (£247.80...) as i thought.

I've ordered from Volks - apart loads of times, never had a problem and always seem well packaged and on time