skinnyman9000

Selling guidelines

Evening chaps.

Im going to be selling a whole heap of stuff soon and i wondered if there was a 'sellers guidelines' thread/sticky anywhere? Want to know the do's and don'ts of selling before i post my thread.

I'm sure people would disagree but it's fairly straightforward:

Prices

Pics

Discuss in thread until sale is agreed

('Stick to one thread' FS is a sort of sub-guideline)

Im just worried about the 'discuss in thread part'.

Should i treat it as first come, first serve? Or first to put the money in my hand? See if buyer A posts first, but wants to pay next week, then buyer B posts and can pay today, which should i allow the item to go to? Is it down to me or are there set ways the mods prefer things to be done? I just want to set a standard early on

There's a link in the For Sale section with the guidelines- just above the 'Post New Topic' button at the top left.

Should really accept first unconditional offer at asking price, but if people are haggling it's up to you, so long as you keep it fair.

Minefield! Lol!

i dont see any problem with you saying upfront that payment needs to be within x days if selling quickly is important to you. clarity and openness so that everyone gets a fair deal are really the main ideas behind the guidelines.