nicklouse10

where can I get a cheap replacement exhaust for my 2.016v 1995?

Hi,

local garage is quoting over £500 to replace the centre and rear boxes on my 1995 2.0l 16v, which is miles more than I want to pay.

does anyone know of a supplier where I can get these boxes cheaper?

any help wold be much appreciated

thanks

Nick

ebay, gsf, euro car parts, various internet sites e.g. venom motorsport etc, look in pvw too loads of adds in there, just google it chap its not difficult to find somewhere!

cheaper to go stainless then.

parkers are normally quite reasonable for spares.

I'd checked Euro and GSF. no dice.

Euro want £107 just for the centre box and it's out of stock. they dont list the rear box. GSF dont list either part. I've had the same problem with a few other internet sites.

there is a german supplier on ebay that lists centre boxes for £36 but they are not responding to my emails or phone messages.

I'm hoping this one will fit. Just waiting for a reply from them http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Exhaust-Centre-Pipe-Silencer-Muffler-Golf-2-Seat-Toledo-/310301281176?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483f65cb98

Just bear in mind that the centre 'suitcase' is designed for tuned noise reduction and generic silencer boxes especially those used in stainless systems are often a lot noisier than the original type of box.