James14100

First Corrado bought

Hi all

I just bought my first Corrado last night on eBay. A nice looking G60 with 149000miles in red. Heading out to collect her at 1PM today. Anything I should be looking out for? I've done my research and know enough about the G-laders to know they need servicing (from my days of G40 ownership) and this ones was done 5000miles ago

Cheers

James

P.S. very excited :-)

Well just got back from collecting it. It pulls really well and it's really straight. There's a few niggles that need looking at:

Speedo doesn't work.

Boost return mod is causing some oil leak - got original pipe to refit.

Bonnet catch is broken.

No radio.

Paint isn't perfect but no fade.

Short shift mod means you have to be careful into 2nd and 4th.

Suspension is so stuff it could throw you off the road.

Despite all this though it's fantastic! I know I'm going to love it! Pics soon

Hope you enjoy it! I liked my old G60 I had when I was 19. Just such a different car and really stands out, visually and technically. Standard height with upgraded shocks will give handling the car deserves... :)

congrats on the rado purchse! as for the speedo you may need a new speed sensor (situated on top of the gearbox, i think it is a 22mm spanner needed to undo it)

Flash Red? Check the paint code under the boot carpet. Flash is LP3G. Looks like you have the bigger bonnet so not likely to be Tornado.

Main one is the interior. If the heating controls are dials (rather than sliders), then it'll be a facelift model (plus the fact it's a nicer interior altogether, different switches and materials etc).

Also, the bonnet will be the 'humped' version, i.e. it curves upwards and is more bulbous than the pre-facelift one. I think in addition, the fogs/indicators are different, more flush with the bumper and the front bumper mouldings at the arch are more moulded to match the lines of the arch. And possibly a larger fuel tank ( 15gallons vs 12gallons).

Hopefully this is right, please anyone correct me if I'm talking baloney!

Edited by jamiehamy
I can't spell.../