harryc

Another uprated headlight loom question...

Something is up with my home made uprated loom. I ve only hooked it up to one headlight so i could compare to the other one and make sure at least one works.

I have a 4 relay setup (with only 2 being used at the moment for the 1 headlight). This is what im getting with the headlights; (Left is unmolested right is plugged into the relays). The Headlight has the larger Main Bulb and the smaller bulb below it, then there is the seperate spot light for full beam on the inside.

Side lights

Left......................................... Right

Main bulb ON DIM.......................Main Bulb ON BRIGHT & smaller bulb ON

Dipped Beam

Left...........................................Right

Main Bulb ON BRIGHT...................Main Bulb ON BRIGHT & small Bulb ON

Full Beam

Left..........................................Right

Main Bulb ON BRIGHT..................Main Bulb ON BRIGHT

Inner Lamp ON BRIGHT...............Inner Lamp ON BRIGHT & small bulb ON

The problem i seem to get is people flashing me when my lights are dipped, the smaller bulb is on all the time on the right headlamp and never on on the left headlamp.

Edited by harryc

Had this with mine and rubjonny sorted it in a sentence. Unhook the headlight resistor behind the n/s headlight (size of a packet of polo's, two yellow wires). Next, pm rubjonny and tell him he is awesome. What a flipping difference the looms make, quite shocked when mine went in HTH

I ve disconnected the resistor but i dont think its changed anything? I still have the small bulb on all the time in one head light and the small bulb never on in the other. What does unplugging the resistor do?

It might have sorted the overly bright sidelight but I can't tell because its sunny outside.