sexybourbon

views on carbon.........

Vinyl !!! Iv had a few problems with my roof leaking so for now i have wrapped it in black vinyl but as soon as i get my new moon roof sorted because i have laquer peel on the roof am gonna do it in the new carbon fiber vinyl instead of gettin a respray as its cheaper and should look very good

While the paint isnt great on my car as was wondering should i wrap the full car maybe black ? As i do it for a living i can get it looking as flat as paint and at a fraction of the price of a respray about 300 quid with the carbon roof and spoiler and normal metalic black for the rest of the car

My hold backs are resale value really would any of you guys be put off by a wrapped car remember if done well can look very good

Im not planning on selling but its just something that ran through my mind when contemplating doing it

Its bordeux pearl so a gawjus colour but i dont have the money to get a full respray and i dont want to let it get to scruffy

Any thaughts or comments on vinyle wrapping anyone

do it. something different!

might start a new craze. then you can triple the price and advertise on e38 :lol:

Yea it would be different and na i dont really think it would hit off lol plus im not reallly a fan of e38 tbh i just like it on here

Would you think of buying a wrapped car tho thats the question i am worried about if every disliked it it could be hard to sell if i ever needed to

if it looks good i wouldnt care. as long as a car is mechanically sound im pretty happy with it.

im sure you would offer a potential buyer the option to have parts re-done at a good price if/when needed.

worst case, it can be removed.

Yes i can be removed it would leave glue but that can also be removed its a bit of a pain in the arse job but not difficult

Isuppose your right in a way and yes any part if scratched can just be removed and a new shiney piece put on

Although it could be removed i do think that it would pull the laquer of with it being blown over in the past so could be a problem if someone did want it removing

Its quite a good idea if you havent got the money for a respray im just really undecided as to cover it or not

fook it, have a bash.

might be the next "cats eyes" people are skint.

Haha maybe mate time will tell weather i do it or not but u are right people are skint and it is a viable option if you havent got the extortionate money companys charge for a respray

I heard of a lad on here spending 6000 or so on a respray i couldnt believe it lol thats mad money give me three or four days and 300 quid and its done and dusted iys just suffering the consiquences of removing it and the possibility of damageing the 17 year old laquer thats a bit off putting

ive heard that the M3 carbon wrap (which I think is what your talking about) can be a pain to keep clean as it has lots of dimples which allows for dust, crud, water etc to fall into. maybe worth considering or confirming?

Yea the stuff your talking about is 3m the same company who make all your double sided tapes and stuff

Iv got a sample of it im gonna have a mess with applying it will be easy as its my job but cleaning it should be ok its not got gaps as such in it just a carbon textured finish to make it that little bit more real as it serves no real meaning apart from looks