Bobby J.

Corrado Down :[

Hello all, I'm new!!

First, car is a '92 Corrado VR6

A couple weeks ago my corrado broke down as I was actually parking it ironically. I was parking at a restaurant and as I was dropping it to neutral from 2nd gear to park and about halfway or maybe 2/3 of the way down on the clutch I heard a "Pop" and my clutch pedal fell to the floor and no longer engages. No pressure on the pedal or anything, had to lift the pedal back up with my foot. Everything else i still working as far as the engine running and such. Just can't get her in gear. I've already heard a few things that could 'possibly' be the issue. Has anyone ever experienced this and really know what is broken? I have a guy coming to look at it for me but Idk when our schedules will work out to meet so I'm trying to make some sort of progress.

Thanks i advance!!

Like emu said, most likely to be the clutch slave cylinder. Other possibilities are the master cylinder or the clutch fork, which can snap, especially if the clutch has been heavy.

Clutch slave comes off with two 13mm bolts, so quite easy to diagnose. :)