lewis_g60

help needed to tidy up my engine bay loom (extra wires!!) G60

i have a 91 G60 im building some cxn wheels at the mo whilst i save up for the car to get its body work sorted, so whilst im saving i want to get the stuff done i can do myself,

i want to tidy up the engine bay. the loom wires needs re raping the bay looks standard apart from the carbon canister being removed and the air box drilled out, whilst having a look at the loom it seems like i have extra wires, round the head lights i have a couple of connecters that dont plug into anything and there is a plug on my fuel rail as i guess is normal but along side that there is a spare one!!!

any help would be great guys as i want the bay to look standard/ clean and tidy

Have you got an uprated headlight loom fitted? Could be some old/redundant connections after a new loom install. Have you any pictures?

If there is an uprated loom in there it dosnt work the lights are like candles in the wind!!! Lol I will have a look tomorrow and take some photos, thanks for you interest

had a look today, but i dont know how to load an image on here, there is a ble plug near the air box im guessing that was from the carbon canister! there is a brown plug coming out of the bunch of wires on the isv!! and behind the left head light it looks like there is an extra part of a loom pluged in so im guessing its an upgrade,

is it possible to rremove the loom from the engine bay completly to redo properly as alot of it needs shortning!, if so how? or if you guys know the best way off doing it advice welcomed because with a good clean the bay will look good just being let down by a dog toffie wireing loom

many thanks

there is a ble plug near the air box im guessing that was from the carbon canister!

This sounds like the ambient air temperature sensor. Has it got two pins? Does your MFA show the outside air temperature? (should be on the 6th click of the MFA button)

Your MFA won't show the outside air temp if the temp sensor has been disconnected. It should connect to the sensor found in the drivers side brake duct (or at least mine was)

Maybe someone relocated it to measure air box/intake temperature

no it dosnt show air temp i thought that was a bit funny all my golfs used to and my 16v rado used to aswell. but no this one

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

there is pictures in the album on my profile

thanks for the help

Yup, definitely looks like the air temp sensor connector. Take the drivers side brake duct off and have a look for a sensor sticking out of it. Like I say that's where mine is but can't guarantee that is the factory location. If it's not there than you could always get a new one. Can't help with the other connectors though, sorry.

do you know if its possible to get all the wires out the engine bay to do a proper job? im good with spanners but not with wires lol well i say not good just never done it