Ronko

eBay vagcoms?

Hi all been looking at these cheap vagcom setups on eBay there only about a tenner for disc and lead are they a load of rubbish or do they do the job? Can anybody enlighten me cheers.

I think the cheap leads and free version of VAG COM are OK for fault codes, but if you want full features for diagnostic work you'll need the pay version, not too much info that you need here http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?4948-VAG-COM-scanning-amp-help in the engine section of the forum but if there's nothing there then Club GTI has a fair bit of info too.

I bought one, worked for about 6months then didn't...Computer finds it okay, but it doesn't find the car. I think they are designed to break after a while.

Ditto for the above. On my second now after the first failed for no reason. Still at £8 a pop it still pays for itself by pointing in the right directions to solve issues

I'll probably get one then for that price, there's nothing majorly wrong just want to scan it and do a basic reset is stalled twice in two months. Cheers for that guys.

So its just for fault codes then ok. I'll just get in touch with the local volunteer in manchester see if their interested. Cheers for that

The cables can be a bit hit and miss to be honest, one day they can be working fine the next the computer wont detect the car. Generally and for the price they're ok.

Ive managed to get my copy of vagcom registered ;)