8vMatt

Thoughts on a B5 Passat Estate TDi with high miles please.

Hey guys,

As my T4 has died, I've been offered a Passat estate for getting to and from work and carrying tools etc. Its cheap but its got 201k miles. Been told the cambelt has been done 6 months ago and the bearings are being done this week. It will come with 12 months MOT, so its all sounding like a good deal but just wanted to get a few thoughts on whether the mileage is an issue or not?

Cheers for any help offered. Stories of your ownership or useage would be a big help to me.

hopefully its had a replacement turbo by now. clutch and gearbox too, then your laughing.

i assume its not too pricey because of the milage.

just look through the recipts for the big few and make a call from there. with cambelt being done thats one worry less.

run it into the ground. polish bloke at work had one with 190k on the clock and his never seemed to break other than the clutch once. think he still got £750 when he flogged it.

Cheers for your help mate, sounds like good advice there.

I took the plunge and agreed to buy it, £775. So I thought that was worth the risk as its only going to be needed until some money comes in to buy a nice shiny T5:dance:

The Passat has had a full service a month ago, all wheel bearings this weekend and 12 months mot. Good condition interior, all electrics work etc.

Looking forward to getting some good use out of it:cool:

Edited by 8vMatt

yeah sounds good to me. enjoy tractoring! im down to the diesel bora from tomorrow :(

people always want them as they can achieve a stupid amount of miles if you keep them serviced.

12 months free motoring and you could still make that back in parts if worst comes to worst.