dark.ryder

To break or not to break.

Can anyone tell me what the avaraged g60 will make when broken? Its a 91 pre facelift j plate.

It has a stage 4 charger and small pully in last 10k and pulls like a train. It has real tidy factory cloth electric recaro's drivers bolster is starting to sag but only starting so easy fix. It has after market alloys. Other than that it is totally stock. Its LC3U paint code.

It doesnt appear to have had any prior accident damage or major rust.

The issues are it looks tired. To get it back to something like its former glory its gonna need a respray and i just aint feeling it enough to spend the money. In fact i have laid it up just because it needs 2 front tyres and i dont like the wheels on it so donnt wanna shell out for new tyres. So considering braking as i recon it would be the best way to get back what it owes me.

Thanks for any input. Also this isnt a for sale thread, just a couple of questions so please dont post any dibs on parts on this thread thanks

Any pics? Sounds way too good to break imho. I'm sure you'd get a reasonable price if you just sold it. You'd prob make around £1.5K from breaking, but sorting the tyres etc would be MUCH less hassle. Have you tried giving it a machine polish? Breaking is a bit of a headache to say the least!

%21CDr7O1Q%212k%7E$%28KGrHqZ,%21iQE0GiM5%29lRBNPbuo6tyQ%7E%7E_12.JPG

!CDr7T9wEGk~$(KGrHqF,!g0E0fGlM2T6BNPbu3HnkQ~~_12.JPG

!CDr7StgCGk~$%28KGrHqZ,!hoE0h2+9tkKBNPbuzejc!~~_12.JPG

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

I think it needs more than a maching polish the door sils are scuffed through to the primer in places the paint on the bumpers is cracked in places. Ther is a tiny rust bubble under the rear window seal near wiper mech etc. There is no damage its just scruffy.

Does look far too good to break, but it is a difficult market to sell in at the moment. The main money would be had from the supercharger and interior, but it could take months to shift enough bits to make a reasonable amount of money from it. Looks like it might have a stainless exhaust on it as well?

Oh yes, I forgot about the exhaust. cant remember the make but its quite pleasent sounding. If i could break even at about £1750 i would be happy

I was thinking the interior and engine complete might bring in the bulk of that? then ebay the rest?

buy some cheap tyres and put it for sale at 2k o.n.o, with this interior should sell for 1800 without any problems.