stevie_f_2004

Noisey Belt tensioner

Not been on here for a while having had the corrado sitting on the driveway for 3 years I started her up today and found a few things wrong!!!The recession is biting and need to scale down to 2 cars from 3, therefore,need to get the Vr6 up and running again....yeehah

A few questions/queries to the forum please,

Firstly, there was a chi, chi, chi,chi noise coming from the belt tensioner area of the engine? Is this the sign/noise of a failing bearing or something more?

(I have a belt tensioner replacement pulley with the bearing pressed in purchased about 5 years ago from an american dude along with a fancy crack pipe tha tI never got round to fitting))

Pressed the clutch in and it fell right to the floor without returning. Fluid levels down in brake/clutch reservoir to slightly below minimum level. My initial diagnosis is either failed master and/or slave cylinder, would this be correct or a failed clutch?

Before I parked the car up 3 years ago the abs light was coming on intermittently and staying on. I had both rear wheel bearing changed just before this fault occured. I am thinking dodgy/broken sensor? Is it worthwhile changing these at the same time I'm getting the tyres/brakes serviced?

Many thanks and it's could to be back......

Stevie

PS My wee boy of 3 years sat in the car today for the first time today. His first words when inside sitting on the black recaro seats with a broad beaming smile...Is this Batman's Car? Absolute class......

odds are on all the belts will be knackered after standing for that long, whihc would eplain the noise.

tyres will have flat spots in them, you could try and play dumb at a part worn place and swap them.

brakes may well be siezed, and bushes gone if you didnt give the corners a bounce every so often.

most probable is slave cylinder.

sorry for the doom and gloom, but standing a car is really not good for them, but you never know my mates passat b2 was sat for 3 1/2 years and went straight through mot.