VW_OwneR_85

Mk4 front calipers...

hi, does anybody know if mk4 golf front calipers will bolt straight on a corrado vr6?{with conversion hoses} and also are they the same overall size? as my standard caliper is very close to fowling/rubbing on the wheel, cheers..

I assume your talking about 288mm calipers. The calipers will fit but the carriers won't. Need to get them off a Mk3 golf.

thanks for the reply, isnt the standard vr6 front disc 280mm? the only reason i want mk4 front calipers is realy just to update the current {standard}brake setup,i dont want to fit bigger brakes etc, iv already got mk4 rear calipers ready to go on, im just waiting for the darn hoses to turn up,just realy want to know if the front calipers are gona be the same fitment as doing the rear mk4 calipers? i.e just bolt on and change the brake hoses. and if the mk4 front caliper is any bulkier than the standard vr6 caliper? because if it is bulkier my wheels aint going on without spacers :(

there's no significant design/material difference between standard and mk4 front calipers, the reason people fit mk3 or mk4 288mm fronts is because of the larger size and therefore significant improvement in braking effectiveness.

you would be pleased to have fitted them, but if you really arent bothered about improving performance then refurbing your current front set-up would be just as good as fitting "newer" brakes in terms of reliablity.

thanks for info dukest, damn thinking about it, i need new disc's anyway, so i could of ordered 288mm discs n got caliper carriers to suit as it wont cost me much more anyway {price of the carriers} but they wont fit my 15" steels that iv just brought :( do the 288mms make a significant difference? thanks.

I bought some off ebay which were described as mk4 1.8T brakes. Bolted straight onto my VR with new 288 discs.

And yes, they are a fair bit better than the standard brakes.

I bought some off ebay which were described as mk4 1.8T brakes. Bolted straight onto my VR with new 288 discs.

And yes, they are a fair bit better than the standard brakes.

sound, can you remember if the mk4 calipers were slightly bigger?