VW_OwneR_85

replacement rad for vr6..

hi ppl, need to replace my rad soon,found this on ebay looks prety nice!http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GODSPEED-92-95-VOLKSWAGEN-CORRADO-VR6-ALUMINUM-RADIATOR-/160532526076?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25607bf3fc what are your thoughts on this fitting and running ok? it says the size is 622x311x44

but i found a standard rad for the C vr6 and it says the dimensions are 625x302x32 which one is correct? will those differences in dimensions affect fitting? or do you have room for a couple of mm either way? thanks..

We're always gonna suggest that you buy the genuine VW item. They last years and years! And buy the time you've paid import duty to the UK, it's probably going to cost you more for the copy rather than the real mccoy!

Go to the people that made the cars! :) Your local VW dealership! I believe a VR6 radiator is in the region of £200, but they're excellent quality and should last your car another 15 years as the original one most likely has.

Where abouts in the UK are you?

I bought an original item in August 2010.

535 121 251 E - £182.35 + vat - Got the dealer (Corkills - Wigan) to throw the coolant (G12++) in with the price. Which is nice.

Fitted it myself in a day.

Go to the people that made the cars! :) Your local VW dealership! I believe a VR6 radiator is in the region of £200, but they're excellent quality and should last your car another 15 years as the original one most likely has.

Where abouts in the UK are you?

so im prety much looking £200 then, also looking at what james paid. it deffinatly needs doing so i better get on the case, im from a funny old place called guernsey in the channel islands, we do have a vw/audi dealership over here but its in my best interest to avoid it,