will 2

2.0 16v metering head

had a problem with the adjustment screw on my metering head in not able to turn it,

took it off the airbox to have a look at the under side of the unit to see if i could free the screw off, which i managed to do,

fitted it all back into the engine bay and started the engine, engine fired up ok but for some reason now the engine is very irratic revving up and down (huntting) have tried adjusting the head but refuses to run as it used too

i have looked for air leaks but cant find any, would i have needed to have done something to the fuel pipes prior to starting like primeing the head or something, or should refitting the fuel pipes been enough,

this one has got me scratching my head now

thanks

co2 adjustment on a 2ltr is done through a magnetic actuator on the side of the metering head controlled by the ECU, the metering flap adjustment screw is *tamperproof* for that reason, unlike the 1.8's.

am afraid you've likely added a problem to the one you already had!

oh great !! thought it was just a seized screw as i had an old metering head here and that one was turning freely,

any ideas on how much a new one is, or if someone has a good second hand one on here for sale

you can pick them up for £20 - £30, but you don't need a new one, you just need to sort the original issue and then correct the co2 via that screw.

the 2ltr's have a red/ yellow fixed bung on top of the screw, the 1.8's are freely accessible.

the problem you're gonna have is id'ing the original issue whilst the engine is hunting.