VR6_Absy

R32 Conversion, Cam Correlation Error

Hi,

Just completing a Mk5 R32 transplant into my VR6 but encountering an error which i can't shift.

17748 – Camshaft Position Sensor (G40) / Engine Speed Sensor G28 Incor. Correlation

P1340 – 001 – Upper Limit Exceeded

If i unplug the the cam sensors and swap around i get

17748 – Camshaft Position Sensor (G163) / Engine Speed Sensor G28 Incor. Correlation

P1347 – 001 – Upper Limit Exceeded

Also worried about these readings on Block 090, 091 & 092 which i believe should be a lot closer

IMAG0040.jpg

Its a 2007 engine using Mk4 ECU and obviously all Mk5 sensors.

My biggest concern is the lambda readings and i'm not willing to drive it for fear of bore wash.

IMAG0042.jpg

I know a few of you guys have done this conversion and most of my info has come from your builds threads, thanks guys.

Appreciate any help or advice.

Cheers

Gary

Edited by VR6_Absy

I heard the mk4 and mk5 engines use a different cam sprocket due to the VVT. I have no idea what that means but aparently my mk5 engine with mk4 loom and ECU will need it swapping over. PhatVR6 told me that and a guy called Andy at ACR in Darlington had swapped it in a mk3 Golf R32.

You re obvuisly further on then me with your conversion so can I ask you a couple of questions?

1. Did you use Mk5 wiring with the Mk4 ECU? I've found the connections for lambdas and cam sensors are differenet between mk4 and mk5 and the wires are all different colours.

2. Whats the wire (brown/red I think) very close to the ECU plug?

3. What did you do with the connection and relay (no.100) for the secondary air pump? Did you strip it out or leave it in?

4. What about the reverse light switch? Did you put an old style connector onto it?

Cheers