okcid

G60 plugs or G40 plugs

As above for my for my G60 guys. Which plugs would you all run?

looking to spend a bit of money on the G this summer, have most of the following but looking to add a few bits very soon.

Set up will be as follows

stage 4 charger,

65mm pully,

RSR,

fmic,

mocal oil cooler,

4branch manifold,

fully stainless system with decat,

headwork,

shrick 276 cam,

3.5bar fpr,

redtops,

with live map for above spec with D&G

Thanks in advance

With that degree of tuning and if you're having it all done at once you may as well put a new set of G40 plugs in there. Unless you're having a capacity increase, you are unlikely to need a 3.5fpr and redtops - just go with one or the other (put it this way I'm running 250bhp on 1.9l G60 and have redtops but no 3.5bar fpr as it wasn't needed).

good advice, thanks.

would you go for the red tops or a 3.5bar fpr? I can imagine my injectors will be pretty maxed out with the above....

I am not 100% on the internals of my G60.

I was unaware it had headwork done until i got the headgasket changed by TSR, i asked them to have a look while they were there and they advised it has.

I was hitting some really good figures on the rollers running poor boost on my old charger. Subframe was bottomed out as well (was interesting trying to get it off, lol) and had a bit of slip so expect all is not standard.

Would be nice to really find out at some point.

Apart from the 1.9 bottom end, does your set up differ from mine JMC? Trying to work out what power i should be seeing when done.

g40 plugs for sure. im on ngk platinum ones, cheaper than bosch and just as good.

def go with the injectors. stick a wanted up for the fpr and see what deals there are to be had, wont do any harm to have it.

My systems very simialr to your mate. The headwork on mine is a gwerks fast rouad one, and of course it has the 1.9l rebuild. Power wise, you should be somewhere around 230-235bhp at the fly (depending on where you take it as all rolling roads vary, and of course on how it's tuned). For context with mine I get just shy of 250 at Stealth, and I'm running about 11psi wth a healthy charger given the head work.

never heard of fitting g40 plugs. whats the difference/advantage?

would i require them on mine (spec in sig)

They are longer than g60 plugs so should spark better in theory, search google for matey matey g60.

AFAIK G40 plugs run slightly colder than G60 ones. Therefore you can run a little more ignition advance before you get knock. Normally only really needed in highly tuned and high power setups - they wont hurt on basic setups, but there are much better ways of spending 40 quid... To be honest I still use G60 plugs in mine - I've tried G40 ones and not noticed any difference, but for anyone who is putting together a big system all at once and then having it mapped you may as well fit them before its mapped.

Edited by JMC