Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Road Tax...

I'm sure Tempest would agree that about 65% of the roads in Coventry are in urgent need of resurfacing.

Uhm, yup, particularly when cruising around in my Mk1 with its Sachs racing coilovers :roll:

But I presume it's the same in the UK as, for example, in Germany, where in fact the road tax, the fuel tax etc. is NOT invested back into the roads but goes to finance all sorts of gaping money holes the government has got, i.e. OAPs, social security, MP's salaries and wot not. Now that the toll system in Germany has also scandously failed, there is no money left to do up the roads, more unemployment (building industry etc.), a downwards spiral. Starting to see similar trends here, or is the M6 tollroad our last hope in the UK? :lol:

Tempest

Could be worse, I have 11 years to wait! :cry: Plan to do it though, can't ever see me selling my 16v :D

When the government figures out that cars are lasting longer I'm sure they will close that loop hole :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

What I can't understand is why a year's tax on a new car with the top rate of emmissions is only £155.

One rule for rich arseholes with new BMW's, another (more expensive) one for poor owners of old Volkswagens eh...?

Oh well, I suppose we can vote them out in 12 months time. Bastards.

Could be worse, I have 11 years to wait! :cry: Plan to do it though, can't ever see me selling my 16v :D

When the government figures out that cars are lasting longer I'm sure they will close that loop hole :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

They already have... :mad:

The "classic" car exempt tax status only applies to cars registered pre 1973, anything newer than that doesn't count... Even if it's over 25 years old now... :(

I know that I'm not voting for these sods next election, but who else out there is there?!? :roll:

The only thing labour have done thats any good, is make better provisions for old folks / pensioners.

Thats it.

I don't know many people who will be sticking with labour, but as you say Henny, they are all as bad as each other.

If it's any consolation: Labour party in Germany have also cocked up pretty much everything, the political party in the Netherlands (don't even know who's in power there) are crap, Italy (Berlusconi haha!!), USA (need I say more ?), the EU parliament (failed national politicians normally go there).

Easy: Shoot the b****d politicians, and societies all over the world will have been done a favour.

It used to be 25 years old but apparently it only covers car registered before 1975 now. I'm not 100% certain on this but worth checking out, cause eventually, everyone will get free tax, can you see the government being happy with that???