Marshall936

Help please!

Right i've managed to be too aggressive trying to remove a stubborn injector and snapped one of the injector housings on the lower inlet manifold!! Pics below, firstly is it integral? and secondly how easy is it to replace?

Also i'm trying to find out what the part is pictured on my cam cover? I'm pretty sure its the 5th injector.

Appreciate any help!

Not sure on your first question, but that part is indeed the 5th injector/cold start valve :)

Right i've managed to be too aggressive trying to remove a stubborn injector and snapped one of the injector housings on the lower inlet manifold!! Pics below, firstly is it integral? and secondly how easy is it to replace?

Appreciate any help!

There are four part numbers for that depending on which 16v engine code.

I replaced the upper and lower inlet on my 16v a few years back, and those things are very brittle indeed especially if they're original. As I understand it, it should be pull out / push in new ones. Should still be available from VW! I never replaced mine as I forgot to order spares, and they didn't want to come out with gentle persuasion..

That's the brass injector inserts I think you're thinking of David..?

Thanks for the help everyone! Been busy today and found a new 5th injector to replace the rusted grotty one!

Also tried to pull the broken housing out with no luck so i took it to the workshops on the base where i work and they sorted it out for me, they undid the hex screw and removed the broken ceramic 'sleeve' for me :D

There are four part numbers for that depending on which 16v engine code.

Cheers i think i'll look into ordering a new one :D

Again thanks for the quick response people, very much appreciated!