bobbymkII

1993 2.0 16v corrado external fuel pump noisey now dead....

wheres the best place to buy the fuel pump that sits under the car on drivers side before rear axle as mines has just died today been making strange noises when it primes like it was old and tired and today makes same noise but car wont start so i assume its had its moment....so where best to buy good quality and decent price....

Have you checked the filter and lift pump, the main pumps tend to give up once the in-tank lift pump has failed first.

I'd get both checked out before you put a new under-car pump on it.

i know i need a internal pump as well as the fuel gauge has been all over the place and also makes noises...but again have no idea where you buy these internal and external pumps any links to websites etc be gratefull or a number to call as can fit these my self just need to be able to buy them...doesnt help cars been sat for 6 months over winter last time i do that as needs to be used everyday,,

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

is the internal tank sender/pump the same as on other vw models??? like mk2/mk3 golf vr6 golf and rado???? as there is a mk3 16v one on ebay???

I bought an external pump from farantino off here for around £80. I bought a lift pump from TPS for abot £28.

This still hasn't cured my particular problem so I now have a new accumulator on it's way. After that, and it doesn't work still, I'll be breaking the car as I'll have replaced everything :(