Haribo

seatbelt rail?

I think it's the auto seat belt rail they used in the states. The top of the belt moves to the front to allow you in and out of the car and when you switch on the ignition a motor pulls it back and over your shoulder. Saves you the effort of reaching for the buckle, pulling it across you and pushing it into the socket. Leaves your hands free to continue eating your Big Mac!

I just yanked those things out last night. I had donor from a Candian car to get normal belts in the car. It's a great option available only stateside. The electric seatbelt portion runs from the ebrake lives over next to where the side view mirror is. As you sit down you're supposed to latch a waist belt. When the ignition is switched on the electric portion pulls the other belt from the a pilar to the b pilar and effectivly spills your scalding hot coffee or tea on your lap.

This irritating feature works well for the passenger too. If either of you open your door with the car running to look behind where you're backing up, the system will strangle you. I hate to say it but it did work best for drive thru ordering of Big Mac's :bonk: