anarchy

1990 G60 fuse box question

Should there be any empty fuse holders in the G60?

This will be hard to explain. When I go under the dash there are 3 fuses which are before any of the relays. They are closest to the driver if he were sitting in the car. 1 of them is empty. I have no idea what it is for or if it should be empty.

Any thoughts on what its for, the amperage of the fuse ECT would be a big help.

Thanks

there is a cluster of relays, and then a row of fuses in the back. This is NOT the fuses I am speaking of. The empty fuse is on the front of the box, completely opposite of the row of fuses. Any idea what these fuses do or what amperage they are?

I do not have an instruction manual

not sure anyone will really get what you mean without a pic.

wire colours to the fuses could be helpful.

Ok here is a pic of the begining of the fuse box. You have to look carefully because it is hard to see. You will see a fuse infront of #31 relay, a fuse infront of #90. Just to the left of #90 is an empty fuse socket.

Any ideas?

Ah - no that's not actually a fuse socket, it's an accessory point - some are switched live and some for illumination for optional accessories - heated seats etc.

Ok. First things first, that is the top of the fusebox not the bottom. And those two relays are additional ones added, as you already have the first 12 (2 rows of 6) filled up. They are for the fuel pump and radiator fan after run control.

I can't find any information on what those fuses are though. The only thing listed to need a 30A fuse (anove relay 31) is the radiator fan, so I'd assume for some unknown reason the fuses linked to those circuits are situated in a different place to normal.

If the blue fuse is a 20A, that would fit as this is what the fuel pump requires.