jamiehamy

Runing fine with no lambda?

Car failed MOT on high emissions and play in rear bearing ( cheers ECP, at least you manged 15k miles!).

Managed to get a cable for the day and shows error 00525 Oxygen Sensor No Signal. This would explain high emissions so will get a new one as soon as possible, however I've noticed few symptoms of this.

With the exception of temperamental performance (slow one day, fast the next) and very occasional stall ( I live with it, it's always after a downhill drift stopping at a roundabout). In fact the stalls only happened after I reset the ECU at weekend, so I'd put them down to that. I've driven the last 15k miles without issue, and with acceptable fuel economy.

My question is, is it normal for the VR6 to run with few symptoms with no lambda? Sounds like the ECU makes up the difference using MAF and TPS?

Would be interested to hear peoples thoughts.. :)

with no lambda feedback I'd have thought it would be runnning a limp home map, that might explain the varied performance, not good though, the old CAT will be suffering.

Would have fitted yest, but no-one has them in stock and will be Thursday before I can get one :( Doh :(