Critical_Mass

Door hinges cracking

Hi all,

Got an annoying issue with both my doors, im pretty sure the problem wasnt there before when the doors were ok.

When i open either the drivers or passenger door the middle hinge, the one that allow you to hold it open at certain points, always crack. Its happened before and it was due to the to nuts on the inside of the door being loose. I tightened them up and tthey were ok. But its started happening again, i checke the nuts and they were a bit loose so again, tightened them up, but there's still an annoying cracking when the doors opened or closed.

I have tried silicone grease, still no luck.

ANyone hand this issue?

Thanks

It's the check strap bolt loose, if it's loose then it allows the bolt to hit the side of the hole it's in when the spring snaps open, making a cracking sound. Unfortunately the more it happens the worse it gets and you can't really fix it easily, only by drilling the hole it's in to a bigger size and sleeving the bolt.

For me it was the two gold coloured bolts attached to the door itself that was the problem. Everytime the check strap snapped open it would shift the loose bolts side to side and make a cracking noise as it slams against the door. Tightend these two bolts and its been fine since

wow this is one of those things that need to be fixed in my C LoL!!!

where is the other end (opposed to the door one) bolted? does the wing need to be removed?