VR6Pete

ABS woes...

Final stretch with my corrado, but come across an MOT show stopper..

The ABS light doesn't come on at all, I've checked the voltage to the light which is 12v, I've also obtained a new light to ensure that it wasn't the actual light at fault...

I've also got problems communicating with the ABS ECU via VCDS, and intermittently get 'too many communication' errors, I can hear the pump 'clicking' when VCDS attempts to interrogate the system, ive also obtained another ECU as my old one had badly corroded terminals from water ingress, the ECU is also getting a good 12v supply using multimeter on the ECU's plug..

Are there any fuses / relays I should be checking? Or any other diagnostics I can try?

Any help would be appreciated as I really want to get the car in for MOT soon :)

Strange one then check fuses 16 and 21 anyway as they are the two which control the abs light rules them out then

Sussed it...

I've actually been unlucky, it just ended up being a blown bulb in the ABS light unit, unfortunately I did buy another one, but that had a blown bulb too! I'm going to try and find a new bulb and solder it onto the PCB...

Also the comms issue appears to be VCDS, I tried vag-com 709.x and that was fine... It just freaks out when using VCDS.