caddycracked

2.0l 16v(1994) corrado poor startup idle

i have just got my 2.0l 16v (1994) corrado and it is very poor to idle when cold .it will not idle at all and will cut out if you dont keep your leg on the pedal untill warm and then it's fine.it drives good with no other running or cutting out issues.i have changed the plugs/leads/ cap and rotar with no joy .i am new here so i hope you may be able to help me out thanks john.

Hi there,

My 2.0 16V corrado is doing the same, I have replaced pretty much the same items, along with the cold start injector on the front however with no joy...

Did you get any solution to this problem??

Mark

Try unplugging the white coolant temperature sensor (lower right side of block under coolant flange) or cold start injector. Your engine may have a thermal timing switch installed (not present on the 9A) which controls the cold start injector (lower right side middle of block under coolant flange) - unplug this too. If it fires with either of these disconnected and idle is corrected there's your problem.

Just remember to unplug these one at a time so you can isolate the problem.

There are heaps of other things it could be but this is always a good starting point

Edited by tentonhammer