rajarella

Bonnet stuck on drivers side

I have just tried to open the bonnet on my vr6 for the first time in a few months (to put the battery back on and move it), when I pull the release cable the passenger side releases but the drivers side doesnt budge. I found the article below but wondered if there was any other ways

1. remove the grill - not the easiest operation in itself with the bonnet shut and i think i snapped a couple of the top clips.

2. cut the plastic shroud on the radiator nearside to allow access toward the bonnet pin.

3. using newly created access route having cut the shroud, use a tie wrap or similar to loop around the spring metal retaining bar that retains the bonnet pin and pull, thus simulating the pull the cable would normally perform.

Rich

that sounds like the easiest way to do it, however have you tried getting someone to pull up on the bonnet whilst you pull the lever? Get them to pull up before you pull it so it's at it's highest first - this can also help..

Try getting someone pushing down on the bonnet while you pull the lever,

Then once you've pulled the lever a second or so later they release the bonnet and it should lift.

This happened on a couple i was viewing and it worked everytime.