Ragtallion

Upgrading my 2.0L 16V Corrado

Can anyone offer me any advice on upgrading my 2.0L 16V Corrado? I was thinking of adding an induction kit, but i'm not sure if there are any out there for my particular model - only the 1.8, the VR6 and the G60...???

hi there, this subject has been covered to death in the forum. If you check the search box in the top left hand side you could save alot of time.

As for induction kits they may bring you a few extra horses but really they're just the first step in getting more air in the engine.

Most tuning can be simplified into air intake, engine/coolant/air temperature and fuel intake (it's obviously more complex than that but that's the nub of it). Start with getting the air intake up by getting induction kits and exhaust systems then move on from there.

If you check the search box in the top left hand side you could save alot of time

Cough

Right hand side

/Cough

There are not many air filter / induction kit options for the 2.0 16v because of the metering head. Stroeve Motorsport did or used to do one, but to be honest I'd look to make your gains elsewhere.

You're not going to get really noticeable gains from it without spending quite a lot.

I must be getting old but, personally speaking, I'd just enjoy it for what it is and then upgrade to, dare I say, one of the faster models if you still feel the need .... ?

Yeah.. you really do need to get into some old school tuning to get anything out of the 16v. Flowing, porting, polishing, cams, lightening, balancing.. there are no shortcuts. KR cams are the quickest / easiest bang for buck mod but anything else is time consuming and fairly expensive.