stretch.

PAS Tensioner

For some reason or other, a previous owner decided he wanted only 1 bolt to secure the pas pump to the block, no tensioner, no big bolt, just a 1" m8 bolt.

To cut a long story short, I've just changed the belts and there's no longer enough tension to stop the lovely squeel-like-a-piggy noise when hoiking the car around.

VW are telling me the tensioner bolt is an obselete part but gave me the number as there's a handful in stock, they gave: 027903555 which when I've looked, looks like it's potentially for an ABF engine, which looks to have a different pas setup.

VAGCAT gives me bugger all answers and I can't really find any detailed help on this (as, let's be honest, not many numpties decide to remove the adjusters...) anyone able to shed any light for me? Or offer me a suitable alternative?

Engine is a 1.8 16v KR.

For anyone in future who has the same issue the correct part number is:

035 145 541 listed as "Eye Bolt" £10.41+vat in 2003

also need

N 022 146 4 - eye bolt nut, self locking

N 040 237 1 - tensioning bolt

Both of which are M8 fitment, listed as being 55mm as standard bolt.

http://www.wagenstad.com is much easier than vag cat, which is how I managed to find them. Just need to physically find them now.

Edited by stretch.

Why not getting a similar bolt of the same thread etc? That's what I did :) and it was only pence

Why not getting a similar bolt of the same thread etc? That's what I did :) and it was only pence
That's what I have done for the time being, not ideal as I can't get proper tension on the belt and I'm still getting some squeels.

The adjuster is an m8 thread bolt with an eyelet on top with an M8 thread for another bolt so it foms a kind of T set up where the lower bolt is used to pull the pas pump down to add tension.

I just got all of the bolts, washers and that T bar type thing for my g60 dont know weather there the same but vw ireland got them in the uk for me.