Tempest

Nice little article on PH Mk1 Rocco vs New iRocco

Good read!

I'd rather have the performance of the R with the nostalgia of the Storm... I LOVE the interior of the old Mk1 Rocco, like a fighter cockpit :D

I find myself torn somewhat. I do love that older cars were not subject to occupant and pedestrian safety.. designers, largely, could do what they wanted resulting in pretty cars without limitations.

However you just can't beat the comfort, and features of modern cars. I think this is why I like things like the new Challenger and Mustang so much - they have the spirit and to a large extent the looks of the original, without any of the drawbacks!

And as a small plug, my own review of the Scirocco R in the forthcoming issue of the CCGB Sprinter mag :)

Must be a slow burner…….. I never really liked the new Scirocco despite many good reviews (EVO magazine etc) but recently I’ve become warmed to it.

I like it in the understated indium grey and this morning I saw a rising blue Scirocco R which was lovely.

Having said that I can’t see myself ever wanting to own one even if it’s less than £10k (Scirocco R) in 5 years time.