power steering belt

forgot to say its a corrado G60

k reg

charger poped so i bought a 1200mm belt to bypass the charger

but cant get belt off with out takin

power steering belt off 2

any body else have the same problem :(

You need to take the pulley off to release the belt... 3 hex bolts i think

make sure you get the right sized replacement belt (Gates 663mm by 9.5 only from VAG for a car without aircon)

- GSF will try and sell you a bosch one thats 650 by 10 that will not fit despite having the original part number as a reference and the nearest match in the Gates catalog is 665mm by 10 (which i used as it was all i could get at the time!)

Don't bother trying to drive without it unless your a bodybuilder, much harder than a car with no pas fitted as you are having to move the fluid around the pas rack...

You need to undo the tensioner and the bolts that hold the pump onto the block... There is a hidden bolt that's behind the waterpump/under the S/C that's a bit difficult to get at and is the one most people don't undo and wonder why they can't adjust the tension in the P/S belt! :roll: :?

If they're the bolts that you can't get undone, undo the 3 allen bolts on the pulley of the P/S pump and it'll come off and go back on without too much hassle and without having to mess with the tensioner bolts.... 8) If the pulley just spins as you try to undo it, get another allen key with a bar on it and wedge that against the floor as you undo another bolt... that'll allow you to crack 'em all off so that you should be able to undo 'em afterwards without the bar... If you've rounded out the allen bolts hammer in a torqs or spline drive socket and that should do the trick... Which ever way you do it, if you take the pulley off, buy new bolts for when you put it back on again... ;)

Hope this helps... 8)